CFNU Convention June 5-9, 2017 in Calgary, Alberta
Calgary TELUS Convention Centre
120 9th Avenue SE, Calgary, Alberta T2G 0P3
Follow us on Twitter at #CFNU17 #SpeakUp
Member registration: $650
Non-Member registration: $1,000
Nursing student members of the Canadian Nursing Students' Association do not need to pay the registration fee to attend the CFNU convention. Please contact CFNU office at 1-800-321-9821 to register with student status.
Registration deadline: May 5, 2017
The constitution of the Canadian Federation of Nurses Unions (CFNU) requires that each Convention attendee fits into one of these three categories.
1. Member Organization Delegate: You may register as a delegate on behalf of your respective Member Organization. To do so, you must be a member in good standing at a CFNU Member Organization.
- Member Organizations – United Nurses of Alberta (UNA), Saskatchewan Union of Nurses (SUN), Manitoba Nurses Union (MNU), Ontario Nurses' Association (ONA), New Brunswick Nurses Union (NBNU), Nova Scotia Nurses' Union (NSNU), Prince Edward Island Nurses' Union (PEINU), Registered Nurses' Union Newfoundland & Labrador (RNUNL)
- Voting Delegates - means a member selected by a Member Organization who is registered as a delegate on behalf of her respective organization at the CFNU Convention and who has the right to speak to and vote on business of the CFNU.
2. Associate Member Organization Delegate: You may register as a delegate on behalf of your respective Associate Member Organization. To do so, you must be a member in good standing at a CFNU Associate Member Organization.
- Associate Member Organization - means a member of a national representative body of nursing students may speak to, but may not move or vote on business of the CFNU (e.g. Canadian Nursing Students' Association).
3. Invited Guest: You may register as an observer if you have been invited as a guest. To do so, you must have received a letter of invitation by the CFNU.
- Invited Guest - means any person whom the President or National Executive Board invites to attend all or part of the CFNU Convention. Invited Guests may speak on an issue with the consent of two thirds of the voting delegates.
If you would like to attend as a guest but have not received an invitation, we welcome you to request an invitation at email@example.com. If your request is approved, you will receive a registration invitation after March 3, 2017.
For all categories, registration is done on a first-come, first-served basis. Space is limited.